Update from Administrator – May 19, 2021
May 19, 2021
We hope this week’s weather forecast remains true – as warmer days are ahead of us. This means more time outside in the fresh air for our residents! As you are aware visits are provided inside and outside.
By now, I am certain you heard the great news from our federal leadership late last week about updates to mask requirements. While we are as excited and enthusiastic about the news as you, we do not have any updated guidance from our Department of Public Health and the CDC and CMS specific to nursing homes.
We eagerly await the updated guidance on mask usage for those who have been full vaccinated (two week past their second dose). If your loved one has not been vaccinated yet, please continue to give it serious consideration. We will continue to advocate and encourage any staff who have not received their vaccination to do so ASAP. We will also continue to provide the opportunity and availability of the vaccine to unvaccinated staff and residents.
Some updates for you:
- As mentioned earlier in this update, the CMS, CDC, and state continue to update their guidance for nursing homes. We will keep you up to date on any changes. If you are unfamiliar with our protocols, please ask us.
- We always offer visitations using our technology. Window visits are also provided when necessary.
- For visitation appointments, please contact: The Recreation Department at (860)628-0364.
Recreation / Activities:
- We are delighted to hold small, socially distanced group activities both in and outside.
- I am excited to tell you about a new program that the recreation department will be starting collaboratively with the therapy department. Work out with the 2 chicks will begin June 1. This exercise group will be offered to residents that are not receiving therapy but will benefit from movement class. This class is under the direction of our therapy department. Coach Paul will also be leading his exercise class as of June 1.
- We are excited to safely welcome back in our volunteers and vendors including entertainment, clergy, artists, and instructors
.…just a quick addendum: I did want to tell you that our elevator did stop working again today. I immediately contacted the Southington Fire Department, Police Department, and our elevator service company. The facility has a written contingency plan for such emergencies. The elevator was quickly repaired.