Update from Administrator – April 22, 2021
April 22, 2021
I just wanted to take a moment to keep you posted on our current visitation guidelines and positive changes with recreation and dining .
- No significant changes to our center or our visitation plans, which are based on our state’s guidance from the CDC and CMS recommendations.
- We always offer visitations using our technology (iPads, tablets, calls, etc.) and when we can, window visits and outside visits.
- As you are aware, first contacts are called Monday to scheduled visits. Other family members are encouraged to call the recreation office at 860-628-0364 schedule an in person or virtual visit. Please call Independence way (extension 204) to set up a window visit.
- Outdoor visitation is not affected by an internal outbreak on a unit, while we await the results of the initial round of testing.
- Outdoor visitation is still the recommended form of visitation from CMS and the CDC.
- When an outbreak is detected among residents or staff, all visitations must be suspended except for compassionate care visits, until at least one round of facility-wide testing is completed.
Recreation / Activities:
- We are delighted to holding small, socially distanced group activities.
- A few highlights of our recreation for this week were:
- An afternoon with Bob Ross
- Cobblestone Spring Crafts
- Picnic for Earth Day (which had to be held inside due to SNOW!!)
- Events for Nursing Home Week and a WELCOME HOME party are being planned -more information will follow.
- We are happy to welcome back volunteers, entertainers, clergy, other guest speakers and group facilitators. Please contact Barbara if you are interested in volunteering.
- A reminder to everyone that we do have various tablet devices for your loved one to utilize to access games, various communication tools, games, news, and more. When needed , we continue assist residents so they can comfortably use the new technology.
- In addition to we are once again welcoming our Residents back into a family dining following all guidance set forth by the CDC and CMS. This means our Dining Rooms are again open for meals, allowing for additional opportunities for socialization among our residents.
I wanted to let you know that all residents tested negative on the PCR tests this week. I also wanted to let you know that 5 more residents we vaccinated on Monday.
Thank you and, as always, please stay safe and healthy!